Scala is a modern multi-paradigm programming language that is a combination of object-oriented and functional programming. … Scala programming is a general-purpose computer language that supports both object-oriented and functional styles of programming on a larger scale.
Scala is capable enough to outrun the speed of the fastest existing programming languages. Scala is a Robust and High-Caliber programming language that changed the world of big data.
Features of Scala: Scala Provides numerous features in those some of them are as follows:
- Object-oriented Programming Language: Scala is both a functional Programming Language and an object-oriented programming Language. Every variable and value which is used in Scala is implicitly saved as an object by default.
- Extensible Programming Language: Scala can support multiple language constructs without the need of any Domain Specific Language (DSL) Extensions, Libraries, and APIs.
- Statically Typed Programming Language: Scala binds the Datatype to the variable in its entire scope.
- Functional Programming Language: Scala provides a lightweight syntax for defining functions, it supports higher-order functions, it allows functions to be nested.
- Interoperability: Scala compiles the code using Scala compiler and converts code into the Java Byte Code and Executes it on the JVM.
Usage of Scala Applications:Scala incorporates functional programming and object-oriented programming into a powerful language. Comparing Scala to a language such as C++ or Go is difficult. A better comparison is to Java.
Is Scala open source? The Scala programming language is an open source project with a very diverse community, where people from all over the world contribute their work, with everyone benefiting from friendly help and advice, and kindly helping others in return.